British Canoeing Events Limited was incorporated in November 2018 as a wholly owned subsidiary of British Canoeing.
The Board of British Canoeing Events comprises a mix of senior employees nominated by British Canoeing and Independent Directors with a wealth of experience within the sporting sphere.
The current Board of British Canoeing Events and their roles is detailed below:
- Chair and Independent Director – Jon Long
- Director nominated by British Canoeing – Mark Bache
- Independent Director – Vivien Blacker
- Independent Director – Phelan Hill MBE
- Director nominated by British Canoeing – David Joy
- Director nominated by British Canoeing – Susan Hicks
- Senior Independent Director – Rosie Williams OBE
British Canoeing Events was specifically established to deliver current and future international events held in the UK that are awarded to British Canoeing by the International Canoe Federation, European Canoe Association and the International Rafting Federation. British Canoeing, and subsequently British Canoeing Events, has already delivered a number of highly successful events including:
- 2020 ECA Canoe Slalom European, Lee Valley White Water Centre
- 2019 ICF Canoe Slalom World Cup, Lee Valley White Water Centre
- 2018 ECA Canoe Polo European Club Championships, Holme Pierrepont Country Park, Nottingham
- 2015 ICF Canoe Slalom World Championships, Lee Valley White Water Centre
- 2014 ICF Canoe Slalom World Cup, Lee Valley White Water Centre
- 2009 ECA Canoe Slalom European Championships, Holme Pierrepont Country Park, Nottingham
In line with the Major Events Strategy, work continues with other disciplines to shape our future event hosting ambitions. Discussions and feasibility continue around both Olympic/Paralympic and non-Olympic events from 2024 onwards.